Senior Center Program Coordinator – Full Time
Coordinator of the Always Active and Fall Prevention exercise program
The 30th Street Senior Center is San Francisco’s largest multipurpose senior center with eight programs serving more than 6,000 seniors per year. We offer multiple programs for active seniors citywide including exercise classes, delicious meals and a variety of social activities to carry out our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent and in their communities for as long as possible. Our Aging and Disability Resource Center, home delivered meals, and case management programs, provide additional support to seniors in our community.
Job Purpose: The 30th Street Senior Center is San Francisco’s largest multipurpose senior center with eight programs serving more than 6,000 seniors per year. We offer multiple programs for active seniors to carry out our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent, and in their communities.
The Program Coordinator will coordinate and assist with key 30th Street Senior Center programs, including assisting with enrollment, program facilitation, and daily operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and maintain client information, files, operational documentation, communication, and program reporting.
- Assists with outreach and referral programs, as needed and may conduct workshops.
- Manage schedule of classes and coordinate coverage at all program sites.
- Conduct program assessments, site visits, and surveys.
- Responsible for collecting of donations and financial reporting.
- Maintain, order, and receive inventory and supplies.
- Train volunteers and independent contractors, assisting with day-to-day oversite as needed.
- Assist with translation for monolingual clients.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Facilitate partner meetings and manage partner relationships, as needed.
- Travel to participant’s home or other service locations, as needed within city limits.
- Responsible for following all On Lok procedures and Federal, State and local standards and contract specifications.
- Additional administrative duties and Staff on Duty coverage as required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, while working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Experience working with senior citizens
- Experience and comfort engaging in outreach efforts in the community
- Certified Diabetes or Health educator a plus
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs occasionally
On Lok’s Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Interested applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter highlighting their interest in this position and their relevant experience with the unique population it serves. Apply here